Full Retail Price: $260.00
The Snorkel Store Price: $210.00
Circle the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakala, and explore Hana’s dense, triple canopy tropical rainforest and coastal waterfalls. This comfortable, 40-50-minute helicopter tour will bring you in close proximity to Maui’s most remote regions.
- Choose between the WhisperSTAR helicopter with bucket seats, or the FXSTAR with bench seats
- Climb above central Maui and ascend to magnificent views of the volcanic crater, Haleakala
- Enjoy incredible views of Haleakala’s vast, moonlike terrain with from your birdlike perch in the sky
- Haleakala’s summit is more than 10,000 ft high
- Get stunning, panoramic photographs of the red and orange, 1100 ft. tall cinder cones that populate the otherworldly terrain
- See the Ko’olua Gaps, the huge lava flows from the crater to the sea.
- Explore the largest tropical rainforest in the country—Hana’s dense vegetation stretches 180 square miles along Maui’s northern coast
- Hana’s nearly uninhabited back side is home to Seven Pools waterfall sanctuary and Charles Lindberg’s grave
- Parts of Jurassic Park were filmed in Hana
- Soar above plummeting coastline waterfalls and fabulous, picturesque sea cliffs
- Push deep into Hana’s vibrant green interior valleys
- See bird’s eye views of Old Hana Town, Kipahulu, the taro fields of Ke’anae, and world famous Ho’okipa windsurfing beach on the return.
what To expect:
- Optional VIP seating next to the pilot with extra arm and leg room (add during follow-up phone call with The Snorkel Store)
- Both the WhisperSTAR and FXSTAR helicopters are spacious and comfortable
- 6-passenger limit, seating is determined by weight and balance
- Personally narrated tour featuring Maui’s history, mythology, and ecology from your friendly, well-informed pilot
- A surprisingly quiet cabin with a peaceful atmosphere onboard
- Sunshine’s “Black Beauty” helicopters are modern, quiet, and fuel efficient
- Stereo headset with choreographed music and volume control
- Panoramic 180% views
- A DVD of your flight with narration is available for purchase after your tour
- 20 years of experience and over 900,000 satisfied customers
Bookings made within 48 hours of the activity are tentative, and must be confirmed for availability.
Passengers who weigh more than 240 lbs. will be required to identify seating options prior to arrival at an additional cost. This will be easily accomplished in the follow-up phone call with The Snorkel Store.
There is a 25% fuel surcharge on all helicopter tours in Hawaii, across the industry. This charge will be applied at checkout.
Sunshine Helicopters is rated 4 1/2 stars on Trip Advisor. Here’s what folks are saying:
“What a great experience from start to finish. Check in was done with a smile! The entire staff was full of knowledge and answered any questions we asked. We had Pete as a pilot and he was great! Fantastic pilot that if for sure. He gave us a great tour of Haleakala and the island with tons of information about every area we saw.”
“Aloha Sunshine Helicopters!! Just wanted to thank you all for such a breath-taking experience! For this being my very 1st helicopter ride, the staff was unbelievable. Tierra was so nice and checked us in. Dez was polite and very informative when it came to the safety briefing. Isaiah helped us with photos and kept us safe while moving to and from the helicopter and was so full of Aloha.”