The Snorkel Store’s mission is to empower Maui enthusiasts to explore the island’s precious beaches and invaluable turtle habitat responsibly.
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT
We provide valuable information on beach and ocean conditions and etiquette so you can feel good about snorkeling with turtles from the shore in Maui.
- Maui Snorkel Report: Sign-up for our daily Maui Snorkel Report now to get up-to-date beach and ocean conditions each morning.
- Ocean Safety: We’ll create a personalized beach map for your party based on conditions during your trip. Knowing exactly where to go is your first step to both fun and safety.
- Reef and turtle etiquette: During your custom-fitting, The Snorkel Store’s Turtle Team will guide with best practices for snorkeling with green sea turtles.
- Turtle-Safe sunscreen: The Snorkel Store promotes reef-safe, turtle-safe, mineral based sunscreen, exclusively.
The Snorkel Store partners with Maui Ocean Center’s Marine Institute to preserve Maui’s turtle habitat for generations.
Adopt A Turtle Today!
Ditch the “disposable goods” mindset. Save the planet one rental at a time.
- Rent instead of buy: Reserve quality dry-mouth snorkel rentals to reduce disposable plastics in Maui. Cheaply made snorkels from the convenience store or the internet end up in landfills.
- Reduce styrofoam: Floatation “noodles” and styrofoam coolers create unnecessary waste on Maui’s beaches. Rent sturdy, reusable beach coolers and top-quality float belts (we call them turtle cruisers) to reduce waste.
- Laminated Fish ID Card: Your snorkel rental includes a hard-laminated Hawaiian Fish ID Card you can take to the beach. Reduce paper products. Invest in quality.
- Pack it out! Our snorkel rentals come in a well-made backpack tote featuring a large velcro pouch for packing out debris.
Being Good Is Having Fun
Deep down, nothing is more fun than doing the right thing.
We invite you to join The Snorkel Store’s mission to preserve Maui’s beaches and turtle habitat. Join the tribe. It’s a lot of fun.
Our Turtle Team
The Snorkel Store’s Turtle Team is 100% committed to creating fun experiences on Maui’s beaches.
Connect with our Turtle Team before, during or after your Maui trip. We’re your local friend on the island.
- Text message us at: 808 669 1077 any time!
- Chat with our Turtle Team: Orange circle. Bottom right corner of your screen.
- Email us: [email protected]
Mahalo nui loa (Thank you very much)!
Text us: 808-669-1077