Full Retail Price: $345
The Snorkel Store Price: $295.00
Enjoy the Mars-like desert terrain of Haleakala, then pivot the vibrant green valleys and plummeting waterfalls of Hana and The West Maui Mountains. Our most comprehensive tour of Maui offers an absorbing exploration of the entire island that you’ll keep with you for the rest of your life.
What to Expect
- Choose between the WhisperSTAR helicopter with bucket seats, or the FXSTAR with bench seats
- Maui was formed over 2 million years ago by 1 extinct volcano, now The West Maui Mountains, and 1 dormant volcano, Haleakala. Circle the ancient island of Maui in 1 spectacular helicopter adventure.
- Our longest tour at 60-70 minutes allows you to relax and soak in the breathtaking sights of one of the most remote tropical destinations in the world
- Climb above central Maui and ascend to magnificent views of Haleakala’s otherworldly red and orange terrain
- Snap incredible photos of majestic Haleakala at 10,023 ft, and fields of volcanic cinder cones as high as 1100 ft.
- Explore the largest tropical rainforest in the country—Hana’s dense vegetation stretches 180 square miles along Maui’s northern coast
- Hana’s nearly uninhabited back side is home to Seven Pools waterfall sanctuary and Charles Lindberg’s grave
- Parts of Jurassic Park were filmed in Hana
- See the world famous Wall of Tears, more than 17 waterfalls flowing down the face of a lush, interior mountain valley
- Enjoy panoramic views of Maui’s tallest waterfall, “Honokohau Falls” boasting more than a 1,100-foot drop
- See bird’s eye views of Old Hana Town, Kipahulu, the taro fields of Ke’anae, pineapple and sugarcane fields, as well as Lahaina Town, and the resorts at Kaanapali
- Optional VIP seating next to the pilot with extra arm and leg room (add during follow-up phone call with The Snorkel Store)
- Both the WhisperSTAR and FXSTAR helicopters are spacious and comfortable
- 6-passenger limit, seating is determined by weight and balance
- Personally narrated tour featuring Maui’s history, mythology, and ecology from your friendly, well-informed pilot
- A surprisingly quiet cabin with a peaceful atmosphere onboard
- Sunshine’s “Black Beauty” helicopters are modern, quiet, and fuel efficient
- Stereo headset with choreographed music and volume control
- Panoramic 180% views
- A DVD of your flight with narration is available for purchase after your tour
- 25 years of experience and over 900,000 satisfied customers
Bookings made within 48 hours of the activity are tentative, and must be confirmed for availability.
Passengers who weigh more than 240 lbs. will be required to identify seating options prior to arrival at an additional cost. This will be easily accomplished in the follow-up phone call with The Snorkel Store.
There is a 25% fuel surcharge on all helicopter tours in Hawaii, across the industry. This charge will be applied at checkout.
Sunshine Helicopters is rated 4 1/2 stars on Trip Advisor. Here’s what folks are saying:
“What a great experience from start to finish. Check in was done with a smile! The entire staff was full of knowledge and answered any questions we asked. We had Pete as a pilot and he was great! Fantastic pilot that if for sure. He gave us a great tour of Haleakala and the island with tons of information about every area we saw.”
“Aloha Sunshine Helicopters!! Just wanted to thank you all for such a breath-taking experience! For this being my very 1st helicopter ride, the staff was unbelievable. Tierra was so nice and checked us in. Dez was polite and very informative when it came to the safety briefing. Isaiah helped us with photos and kept us safe while moving to and from the helicopter and was so full of Aloha.”