—> Availability for Maui Wave Riders Surf and SUP has become limited during the pandemic. Reserve your lesson with real-time availability at the button below.
Coast along the face of tropical Maui’s ocean in a small group setting of 2-4 paddlers. Semi-private lessons are the best bang for your buck when learning to paddle board.
- Learn simple paddling techniques and get the hang of balancing in no time
- You must have at least 2 people in your party to book a semi-private surf lesson
- Small groups offer private attention as well as camaraderie
- Warm Maui is the perfect place to learn to paddle board
- 1 1/2 hour lesson is enough to become a competent paddle boarder
- Engaging instructor makes this a fun, effortless experience
- Paddle boarding is both relaxing and exhilarating
- Connect with Maui in a unique way in this eco-friendly activity
- Move along the calm ocean at a comfortable pace, and stop to sit anytime
- Observe Maui’s incredible natural beauty from the vantage point of the paddle board
- Green sea turtles and tropical fish sometimes swim beneath your board
- Paddleboarding is excellent exercise
- Includes a rash guard, reef booties, as well as the SUP equipment
- For most people, the simple instruction that comes with a simple paddle board rental is enough to get the hang of it.
- Most people can get the hang of paddle boarding without a lesson. $39 for a rental; $6 extra for delivery.
Bookings made within 48 hours of the activity are tentative, and must be confirmed for availability. Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund.
You must have at least 2 people in your party to book a semi-private surf lesson.
Here’s what folks said on Trip Advisor:
“The long rolling waves at Kihei offer the perfect location for beginner and experienced surfers alike.”
“Our instructor V was great! Our family was so thrilled. We did a group lesson and definitely felt we got our money’s worth.”