Discover the majestic beauty of Maui’s number one attraction—Haleakala’s sunrise above the clouds. Bicycle the volcano’s gentle switchbacks on this self-guided tour through quaint upcountry towns. Pick-up and drop-off available for a fee.
What To Expect:
- Experience the world-famous Haleakala sunset from the rim of the 7-mile crater at the dormant volcano’s 10,023 ft. summit
- Spend 1 1/2 hours at Haleakala National Park before beginning your bicycle journey through Upcountry Maui
- Haleakala’s 3000 ft. deep summit crater is large enough to fit the island of Manhattan
- Bike the 23 mile Haleakala roadway while enjoying countless panoramic vistas and a number of cute island towns
- Choose your own pace for the bicycle portion of your ride—return as early as 10:00 AM or as late as 4:00 PM
- Includes Kona mountain bikes, helmets, backpacks, rain/wind gear, gloves and a map with points of interest
- Your adventure begins with a guided van tour with commentary on the natural and cultural significance of Maui’s Haleakala
- After sunrise, you’ll be shuttled from Haleakala’s summit to 6500 ft. where your bicycle tour will begin
- If you choose to drive to the the vendor location in Haiku you will have the added benefit of extended time to explore Upcountry Maui by bicycle
- Must be at least 4’10” and 12 yrs old
- If you decide you’d like to be picked up, you’ll need to return to Haiku by 11:00 AM or rely on public transportation (available every 1 1/2 hours beginning at 12:15 p.m.) to return to your lodging
Bookings made within 48 hours of the activity are tentative, and must be confirmed for availability. If you’d like to be picked up you’ll need to confirm with us by telephone that your lodging is on our route.
Here’s what folks are saying on Trip Advisor: